After School Program Leaders – Job Posting – To start August 2022
Employer: Small World Learning Centre
Position: After School Program Leader
Type: 10- month term contract
Location: Bridgewater Elementary School
Salary: $15.00+/ hr. commensurate with experience and/or ECE Certification Level
Start Date: August 18, 2022 to June 30, 2023
Small World Learning Centre (SWLC) is an award-winning childcare provider located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. Since 1978, our emphasis on outdoor play and access to stunning natural play spaces has made SWLC a place where children and educators alike are able to grow and thrive together.
SWLC is seeking energetic, reliable leaders to manage its Bridgewater Elementary School After School Program. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the After School Program Leader is responsible for creating a safe, fun and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Fostering positive relationships with children ages 3.8 years – 12 years
- Responsible for the care, nurturing, supervision and safety of all participants
- Communicating and strengthening relationships with parents and guardians
- Planning and facilitating programs aligned with SWLC’s values and that facilitate growth and development in:
- Movement & Physical Activity
- Physical Literacy
- Outdoor Play
- Inclusion & Cultural Development
- Actively engaging in programs with children to promote participation
- Ensuring spaces are clean and tidy during programming and at end of day
- Submitting incident reports to supervisor
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Communicate needs to supervisor and/or SSRCE BAP Facilitator as appropriate
- Maintain positive relationships with teammates, families and other stakeholders
- Attending monthly staff development meetings
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with children ages 3.8 years – 12 years
- Ability to adapt and think quickly in stressful situations
- Experience planning and implementing programs with youth
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Academic experience in Early Childhood Educator or Recreation preferred (or equivalent)
- Available for program hours (1 & 2pm to 5pm – Mon – Fri) and meetings as needed
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Search
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid with Infant CPR
- Professional development and leadership training from an award-winning childcare provider
- Provincial network of peers and training resources for personal growth
- NS-BAP Training within first three months of employment
Why Work With SWLC?
In addition to SWLC’s leading expertise in childhood development, this is an exciting time to grow with us. SWLC’s Bridgewater Elementary School location falls under the launch of NS-BAP, a provincial initiative with the goal of providing after school care to all families in Nova Scotia. NS-BAP offers additional training, support and resources to develop skills and networks in the sectors of Education and Early Childhood Development and Recreation throughout the province. Join our team as we strive to build something great!
If you have any questions, or would like to apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Rhonda Smith, Assistant Director at email@example.com or call at 902-543-7343.
Come explore with us!