Small World has been offering programs for young children in Bridgewater since 1978. Today we offer several different programs of care and education based on Reggio-inspired principles and Forest & Nature for children between the ages of 18 months to 12 years.
Location: 352 York Street, Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Full Day Programs:
For children aged 18 months to 5 years. This program operates year round from 7:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Full-time and part-time spaces are offered.
Part-Day Forest & Nature Program:
For children 3 years to 5 years. It is offered Tuesday/Wednesday?Thursday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon. Your child can attend two or three mornings. This program runs during the school year.
School Age Programs:
for children in Grade Primary to age 12. It is offered every week day during the school year. Full-time and part-time spaces are offered.
School Age Program Options at 352 York Street:
- Before School Program: 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Full and part-time spaces are offered. Educators walk children to BES school
- After School Program: 2:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The children are met and walked back to the centre by our educators. Full and part-time spaces are offered.
- Full-Day Program: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Programs are held during Bridgewater Elementary’s In-service and Early Dismissal Days, storm days, Christmas and March Break. Drop off is at our 352 York Street
- Summer Day Camp Program: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. July for children who have finished Primary to age 12; August for children entering Primary to age 12 years. Flexible programs and you can book in the days, weeks and/or months that you want.
BAP after school program at Bridgewater Elementary School
- BAP- BES program at Bridgewater Elementary School is for children in pre-primary to Grade 6. Educators meet children at BES and stay for outdoor programming. Open on regular school days.